Here is a list of measures already put in place by Cartoon during Cartoon Springboard.
VENUES, SERVICES & PROVIDERS
AUDIOVISUAL & SET-UP EQUIPMENT
Caterer from Ateneo de Madrid
We rely on local furniture suppliers for our social events. We also sometimes use furniture provided by the venues our events take place in.
We prioritize hotels close to the venue to encourage participants to walk (usually 10 to 15 min walking distance). When not possible, we make sure hotels are near a public transport line, so that participants can use easily use them to attend the event.
- Most places for our social events are accessible by foot from the Conference Venue.
- Whenever possible, we give priority to train travel instead of plane. For part of those travelling by plane, Cartoon contributes to projects of climate protection that compensate the CO2 emissions.
- For the airport to the city center, we use multi passengers VTC transport. We work with AURO: their vehicles are ECO certified, and they have a plan for 2026 ro reach 100% of electric for their fleet.
Ateneo de Madrid
Dinner outside the venue
The Welcome Dinner is taking place in the Food Hall of Galeria Canalejas. The building of the gallery is part of the Centro Canalejas Madrid project developed by Ohla Group, which are committed to efficient energy management and CO2 emission reductions.
Cartoon's mobile app provides all the important information about our events. Travel vouchers and feedback forms can only be found in the app, which considerably reduces the amount of paper printed.
The Selection Committee for Cartoon Springboard always pays particular attention to projects promoting sustainability, inclusion, and diversity.
We only print the agenda, and only one is given per participants. It only has a few pages and is made using recycled paper. We try to fit as much information as possible on our mobile app instead of on the agenda in order to avoid paper waste.
- Classic signage: For our Cartoon Masters, classic signage such as directions, or signs are reused every year to avoid printing waste.
- Reuse of roll-ups and banners: Cartoon pays special attention to design roll-ups that can be used for several events in a row. They are stored and re-used as long as possible.
Cartoon uses its own laptops both at the office and on events, to ensure computers are no longer rented to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
- For the emails
Infomaniak is a Swiss email provider with a strong proactive approach to sustainability. They measure and improve since 2007.
- For the files
We use Dropbox to store and share our documents related to Cartoon Forum, and avoid printing them. Dropbox has released in 2021 an ESG report stating their approach to sustainability, and committing to achieve carbon neutrality and the use of 100% renewable energy by 2030.
All contracts that we send to our partners (and vice versa) are signed digitally.
Most of our meetings with our partners are held by video conference, as well as the Selection Committee for Cartoon Springboard. This system allows us to reduce CO2 emissions by travelling less, and at the same time we have more intensive and regular exchanges with our partners - thus strengthening communication.