Before submitting a project, make sure you prepared all the required elements.
STEP 1: Prepare all the required elements
- Short description of the story, to be published in our application and on our website.
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding images from your project and elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- Summary page with the title, producers and co-producers, length, genre, audience,…
- The synopsis and 3-4 stills of the project
- Several graphic elements
- The treatment / storylines (extensive description of the story)
- A description of the characters
- A description of the state of progress
- A note of intent
- Upload 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages (max. 10MB)
- It must be written in English
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a distributor, a sales agent, or a streaming platform representative, attesting to their interest in the project (letter of interest optional for the projects in concept, but mandatory for other categories of submission). In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the company
- First name, last name and email address of the contact person
- Letter in PDF format (max. 10MB)
In addition to the images from your project file, prepare 3 nice stills of the project for our mobile app, our website, the agenda and the press.
Note that you should not change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
Take a look at a preview of how the projects will be published on the website and on the mobile app.
1 vertical still
- 1920x2560 px, RGB, jpg, max. 10MB
- WITH the title of your project
- WITH the logos or name of the production companies
1 horizontal still
- 1920x1150 px, RGB, jpg, max. 10MB
- Without any text
- This image has to be different from the vertical one.
1 square still
- 650x650 px, jpg only, max. 1 MB
If available, you will be able to enter a link in the online form. You can also provide a video via WeTransfer at email@example.com.
- MANDATORY for films in production or sneak preview: an extract of the film (5 min) for the films in production and the complete film for the films in sneak preview.
- Optional for the other categories.
STEP 2: Connect to your account
Go to My Cartoon and login or create an account.
STEP 3: Complete the online form
Acceptation of the project — Registration to the event
Cartoon Movie's Selection Committee will inform you soon after its decision beginning of December.
Should your project be selected, please do not forget to register before 22 December 2022, and to pay the fee.
Withdrawal of projects
Producers whose project has been selected at Cartoon Movie are not allowed to withdraw their project after 10 January 2023, or they will have to pay the sum of 1000 EUR. This rule is set in order to be fair to the other producers who didn’t have the opportunity to be selected.
All changes or cancellations must be communicated in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org