Before submitting a project, make sure you prepared all the required elements.
STEP 1: Prepare all the required elements
- Short description of the story, to be published in our application and on our website.
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding images from your project and elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- Summary page with the title, producers and co-producers, length, genre, audience,…
- The synopsis and 3 – 4 stills of the project (+ the application’s images)
- Several graphic elements
- The treatment / storylines (extensive description of the story)
- A description of the characters
- A description of the state of progress
- A note of intent
- Upload 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages (max. 35Mb)
- It must be written in English
- Note that you won’t be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a distributor, a sales agent, or a new platform representative, attesting to their interest of the project (letter of interest optional for the projects in concept, but mandatory for other categories of submission). In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the company
- Name of contact person
- Email address of this person
- PDF of the letter
In addition to the images from your project file, prepare 3 nice stills of the project for our application, for our website, for our agenda and for the press.
WARNING: please be aware that you won’t be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
Look at a preview of how the projects will be published on the website and on the application.
1 vertical still
- 1920×2560 px, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
- WITH the title of your project
- WITH the logos or name of the production companies
- For the application
- For the press
1 horizontal still
- 1920×1150 px, RGB, jpg
- without any text, max 10 MB
- This image has to be different from the vertical one.
- For the pop-up of your project on our website
- AND for the application
- AND for the press
1 square still
650×650 px, jpg only, max 1 MB
Thumbnail for our website
Do you have some images to show? You will be able to enter a URL on the online form. You can also send us a USB stick to the Cartoon office.
- MANDATORY for films in production or sneak preview: a pilot/extract of the film (5 min) for the films in production and the complete film for the films in a sneak preview.
- Optional for the other categories.
STEP 2: Connect to your account
Go to My Cartoon and login or create an account.
STEP 3: Complete the online form
Go to My Projects, choose Cartoon Movie, and click on“Submit a project”
- Each step will be saved when you click on“Next step”, so no need to fill it in all at once.
- You can go back to your form anytime to finalise it by clicking on My Cartoon/My Project.
- You will receive a summary by email once it is completed.
Acceptation of the project — Registration to the event
CARTOON will inform you of the decision of the selection committee soon after its decision (TBA).
Should your project be already submitted and approved, please do not forget to register before the registration deadline.
Withdrawal of projects
Producers whose project has been selected at Cartoon Forum can’t withdraw their project after (TBA), or they will have to pay the sum of — EUR. This rule is set in order to be fair to the other producers who didn’t have the opportunity to be selected.
ALL CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS MUST BE COMMUNICATED IN WRITING to firstname.lastname@example.org