The pitching sessions
The pitching sessions will take place in 3 studios simultaneously (Blue, Pink & Purple rooms).
CARTOON will organise the sessions programme through the 3 days based on target, nationality, co-producers, content... expressed by the buyers for each project.
Each pitch will last 20 minutes + 5 minutes at the beginning and at the end of the presentation (30 minutes in total). The producer presents all the aspects of their project, including concept, graphics, characters, production schedule, stage reached in the financial arrangements, profitability scheme and what they expect from the audience.
“Extra Time” corner
A special area will be set up just outside each studio so that producers can follow up with people interested without delaying the next presentation.
An experienced and neutral animation consultant will help producers prepare their presentations beforehand. The chairperson will also be present during the pitching session, to introduce the producers and act as moderator.
Trailers of the projects - Croissant & Coffee Shows
To start the day, all participants share an animated breakfast, the traditional "Croissant Show", and watch on a giant screen the trailers of the projects to be presented in the morning, while sipping their coffee.
The projects to be pitched in the afternoon will have their trailers shown at the "Coffee Show", after lunch.
These screenings will show the essence of the projects and will help attract a maximum of people to join the presentations, as they will have to choose between 3 projects for each slot.
Guidebook & Mobile application
The Cartoon Forum Guidebook is an interactive PDF for any kind of tablet & computer, readable everywhere with direct links to websites.
- It contains all contact information of all participants.
- You will find there interesting information about our partners.
- You will receive it by email (a few days before Cartoon Forum).
In Cartoon mobile application
- You will find all the information about the selected projects.
- Trailers are available in the app.
- You can create a customised agenda of the pitches you wish to attend.
- You have all information about networking activities.
- You can chat with the other participants.
- You can download your Travel voucher if booked with Cartoon (flight or train schedule, hotel voucher, shuttle schedule).
- Buyers can send their feedback on a project via the app. The feedback form will be sent directly to the producers and co-producers.
- You will find a page dedicated to our partners.
For producers pitching a project:
- Information and images of your project come from the elements you have submitted and validated.
- You can download the feedback forms for your project
Cartoon Forum Tributes
Each year professionals nominate their peers in three categories: European Broadcaster, Investor/Distributor and Producer of the Year. Participants will vote on site for the winners of the Cartoon Tributes. The aim is to reward active contributions to the animation industry.
Another tradition of Cartoon Forum! We give you the opportunity to enjoy the jewels of the city and the region, while networking in a new setting.
Services on site
Flatscreens in bar area will display the visuals of each project selected for the Cartoon Forum, adding nice colours and extra promotion.
Producers who pitched projects a year prior to the current edition have the opportunity to participate again in order to continue the discussions initiated the previous year. More information here
A space with WiFi connection, tables and plugs is available in the Congress Centre.
A cloakroom is at the disposal of participants during the whole event.
A bar (paying) is available during the event for the participants.