Here is a list of measures already put in place by Cartoon during Cartoon Business.
Our audiovisual settings and equipment are the result of a long-term partnership with Neumann & Müller, a team of Ecovadis certified technicians. They install equipment that is as sustainable as possible, such as LED lights and reusable devices. We also make sure that our technical meetings with them are online as much as possible to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
Cartoon uses its own laptops both at the office and on events, to ensure computers are no longer rented to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
We rely on local furniture suppliers for our social events. We also sometimes use furniture provided by the venues our events take place in.
We always prioritize hotels close to the venue to encourage participants to walk instead of using transports. (Approx. 17 min walking distance)
- AC Hotel Iberia – Location: close to the event venue (not in the city center)
Being part of the Marriott hotels, AC Hotel Iberia is involved in the brand’s sustainability plan which involves the recycling of materials such as plastic, glass and paper, as well as avoiding energy and water waste by reducing and monitoring the hotel’s consumption. More information
- The distance from the hotel to the Conference Venue can be done on foot.
- All social events are accessible by foot from the Conference Venue.
- For the airport to the city center, we try as much as possible to use multi passenger shuttles.
The CICCA Cultural Center in Las Palmas uses several ecological measures such as LED lights and a smart lighting system to preserve energy.
Guidebook (ex catalogue)
As of 2020, Cartoon took the decision to stop printing the guidebook for this Master, which is instead sent digitally, resulting in the reduction of carbon footprint.
None of the documents for Cartoon Business need to be printed. All important documents such as the agenda can be accessed digitally, therefore greatly avoiding paper waste.
- Classic signage – For our Cartoon Masters, classic signage such as directions, or signs are reused every year to avoid printing waste.
- Roll ups – CARTOON usually has a three-year commitment in a specific city for each Master. As long as the event is in the same city, we will bring and use the same roll-ups.
All contracts that we send to our partners (and vice versa) are signed digitally.
Dropbox is an online storage and sharing service that we use within the team to keep all documents related to the Cartoon Masters and avoid printing them.
Most of our meetings with our partners are held by video conference. This system allows us to reduce CO2 emissions by travelling less, and at the same time we have more intensive and regular exchanges with our partners - thus strengthening communication.