Second Day at Cartoon 360 Online
Today's series of pitches walked us through a great deal of creativity. The full range of transmedia has been explored from smart fiction to fanbase on TikTok, and Immersive experience to VR or Comic book as a spin-off!
- "Get Making" introduced us to 6 young makers and to the concept of "STREAM" via a flawless presentation.
- "Shangri-La" seduced the audience with a full spectrum of transmedia experiences that are each an ambitious project in itself.
- "My Flatmate, the Salmon" intrigued with its absurd universe leading to a more profound exploration of moods and feelings – developed into an interactive app!
- "Post Monsters" tapped into the success from the established brand "Om Nom" to deliver a funny and renewed experience.
- "King Wray" delivered a compelling pitch with a stunning visual environment.
At the end of the day, the case study of "Subway Surfer" by Sander Schwartz (from Sandman Television and Films - USA) brought a lot information: how they went from a video game to an animation series, explaining how they retained the DNA of the game while developing the series, showing how they created a real phenomenon combining games with animation, TV show and licensing.
To summarize: that was another great day at Cartoon 360. Looking forward to the last day!