Cartoon 360 - Highlights
Cartoon 360 in Lille was a rich experience touching on many aspects of the future of animation. Original projects with innovative ideas went under the scrutiny of 21 top-notch experts, and the resulting discussions were a great learning for everyone, both on stage and in the attendance.
We had a wonderful time!
Numbers from Cartoon 360
14 projects selected from 10 EU countries.
Young adults/Adults 7%
TV series 79%
Multiplatform projects 7%
VR Films / Game 7%
Virtual reality / Music experience 7%
WHAT WE HEARD AT CARTOON 360
- Story first. Despite the format, the style, the target audience, the real strength of a project will always be the story.
- Using story and graphic assets to turn an animation project into plenty of new formats: short videos, video game
- Declining a same universe across multiple platforms and formats to meet kids where they are
- Turn our concerns into positive action: it’s our responsibility to bring positive projects into kid’s life, and animation has a great potential for being the best influencer
- The pandemic has changed some behaviors in terms of consuming animation content: shorter format, on multiple platforms, more interactivity, presence in social media, but the core remains: well curated content, from trusted brands, with an educational twist is always a winner.
- New technologies (algorithm, AI, NFTs, metaverse) are increasing their presence in our kids’ digital lives, whether it’s only a bubble or if there here to last, it’s good to keep an eye on their progress.
The main partners of Cartoon 360 are Creative Europe MEDIA, Region Hauts-de-France, Métropole européenne de Lille et Pictanovo.