Cartoon Movie 2022: submit your animated feature project
> THE PROJECT SUBMISSION IS OPEN
Which project to submit?
- A project of animated feature film in 4 categories: in concept, in development, in production or in sneak preview
- of a minimum running time of 60 min (one single work - compilation of short films not considered).
- min. 50% of animation
- Please check the regulations to be sure your project is eligible
- For the duration of the pitching sessions, have a look at "How Cartoon Movie works"
Please note that:
- Only independant production companies can submit a project.
- Production teams of selected projects must afford registration fees to Cartoon Movie.
Submit your project
STEP 1: Prepare all the elements that you will need for the online form:
Short description of the story, to be published in our application and on our website.
- In English
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding images from your project and elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- Upload 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages (max. 35Mb)
- It must be written in English
- Note that you won’t be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a distributor, a sales agent, or a new platform representative, attesting to their interest of the project (letter of interest optional for the projects in concept, but mandatory for other categories of submission). In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the company
- Name of contact person
- Email address of this person
- PDF of the letter
In addition to the images from your project file, prepare 3 nice stills of the project for our application, for our website, for our agenda and for the press.
WARNING: please be aware that you won't be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
Look at a preview of how the projects will be published on the website and on the application.
- 1920x2560 px, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
- For the application
- 1920x1150 px, RGB, jpg
- For the pop-up of your project on our website
650x650 px, jpg only, max 1 MB
Thumbnail for our website
Do you have some images to show? You will be able to enter a url on the online form. You can also send us a USB stick to the Cartoon office.
- MANDATORY for films in production or sneak preview: a pilot/extract of the film (5 min) for the films in production and the complete film for the films in sneak preview.
- Optional for the other categories.
STEP 2: Go to My Cartoon
Click on My Cartoon (tab on the top right of the page) and login or create an account. This will allow you to come back anytime to your form, so don't forget your log in and password.
STEP 3: Click on My projects and fill in the online form
- In My Projects, click on Submit a new project and fill in the form. You can navigate through the pages, save for later or go to the next page.
Don't refresh a page, it will close the form!
- Fill in all the fields (be careful with digit-only fields and valid email addresses), and upload your PDFs and images
- At the end of the form, you will have a summary that you can review
- When you are ready, click on Submit
- WARNING: once it is submitted, you won't be able to modify the data, so make sure to review them before submitting!
If your project is selected: a trailer will be needed by 9 February 2022
|Projects in concept||
30 sec. to 45 sec.
|Projects in development||30 sec. to 1 min.|
|Films in production||max. 1 min.|
|max. 1 min.|
Read more about the trailers.
Schedule and deadlines
In order to ensure that Cartoon Movie runs smoothly and that your project is successful, we kindly request that you observe the following deadlines.
|17 NOV||Deadline for project submission|
|Selection of the projects
A Selection Committee will examine the application files to make sure they conform to Cartoon Movie’s regulations. All the eligible projects will be reviewed and the Selection Committee will decide on the selection for Cartoon Movie 2022. Producers will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision shortly after that date.
|22 DEC||Participant registration deadline for Cartoon Movie & Animation meets Transmedia: deadline for paying the participation and subscription fees|
|11 JAN||Producers whose project has been selected can't decide to withdraw their project after 11 January 2022, or they will have to pay the sum of 1000 EUR. This rule is set in order to be fair to the other producers who didn't have the opportunity to be selected.|
|31 JAN||Deadline for paying the travel and accommodation expenses|
|9 FEB||Deadline for submitting your trailer for the Croissant & Coffee Shows|
|25 FEB||Schedule of the pitching sessions
CARTOON will send you the date and time of your presentation. Please note that we will not consider any special requests from producers.
|25 FEB||Deadline for your pre-recorded pitch (Catch-up sessions)|
|8 MAR||Cartoon Games: Animation meets Transmedia
|Cartoon Movie 2022