Cartoon Movie 2016: submit your animated feature project
The project submission is closed.
See you next year!
Which project to submit?
- A project of animated feature film in 4 categories: in concept, in development, in production or completed films in sneak preview
- of a minimum running time of 60 min
- min. 50% of animation
- Please check the regulations to be sure your project is eligible
- For the duration of the pitching sessions, have a look at "How Cartoon Movie works"
Submit your project
STEP 1: Prepare all the elements that you will need for the online form:
Short description of the story, to be published in the official e-Catalogue and on our website
- In English
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding the elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages
- In English
- Max 35 MB
Note: we no longer ask for the full storyboard, the European cooperation letters or the points table.
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a distributor, sales agent or broadcaster, attesting to their sponsorship of the project (optional for the projects in concept). In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the company
- Name of contact person
- Email address of this person
- PDF of the letter
Prepare 3 nice stills of the project for a double page in the e-Catalogue, for our website, for our agenda and for the press.
WARNING: please be aware that you won't be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
Look at a preview of how the projects will be published on the website.
- 1920x2560 px, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
- For a full page in the e-Catalogue and for the agenda
- 1920x1150 px, RGB, jpg
- For the pop-up of your project on our website
650x650 px, jpg only, max 1 MB
Thumbnail for our website
Do you have some images to show? You will be able to enter a url on the online form. You can also send us a USB stick or DVD to the Cartoon office.
- Mandatory for films in production: a pilot or extract of the film (5 to 10 min)
- Mandatory for completed films in sneak preview: the entire film
Optional for the other categories.
STEP 2: Go to My Cartoon
Click on My Cartoon (tab on the top right of the page) and login or create an account. This will allow you to come back anytime to your form, so don't forget your log in and password.
STEP 3: Click on My projects and fill in the online form
- In My Projects, click on Submit a new project and fill in the form. You can navigate through the pages, save for later or go to the next page.
Don't refresh a page, it will close the form!
- Fill in all the fields (be careful with digit-only fields and valid email addresses), and upload your PDFs and images
- At the end of the form, you will have a summary that you can review
- When you are ready, click on Submit
- WARNING: once it is submitted, you won't be able to modify the data, so make sure to review them before submitting!
If your project is selected: a trailer will needed by 5 February 2016
|Project in concept||
Max. 45 sec.
|Project in development||30 sec. to 1 min.|
|Film in production||max. 1 min.|
|Completed film in sneak preview||1 to 2 min.|
Read more about the trailers.
|25 NOV||Deadline for project submission|
|9 DEC||Selection of the projects
A Selection Committee will examine the application files to make sure they conform to Cartoon Movie’s regulations and decide whether they are admissible. Producers will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision shortly after that date.
|22 DEC||Participant registration deadline for Cartoon Movie & Cartoon Games Deadline for paying the participation and subscription fees|
|13 JAN||Cartoon Games: deadline for submitting your company elements (if registered)|
|22 JAN||Deadline for paying the travel and accommodation expenses|
|5 FEB||Deadline for submitting your trailer for the Croissant & Coffee Shows|
|19 FEB||Schedule of the pitching sessions CARTOON will send you the date and time of your presentation. Please note that we will not consider any special requests from producers.|
|2 MAR||Cartoon Games|
|2-4 MAR||Cartoon Movie