Cartoon Forum 2021: submit your animated TV project
PROJECT SUBMISSION 2021
Submissions for Cartoon Forum 2021 are now closed.
Which project to submit?
- An animation project in development intended primarily for television (TV series or TV special), but can also be developed for the new platforms
- of a minimum running time of 26 min (in total)
- min. 50% of animation
- Please check the regulations to be sure your project is eligible.
Please note that:
- Only independant production companies can submit a project.
- Production teams of selected projects must afford registration fees to Cartoon Forum.
Submit your project
|1. Prepare all the required elements as listed on this page (synopsis, images, project file, letter, etc) or in the toolbox English - French
2. Go to My Cartoon (tab on top right of the page) and login or create an account
3. Click on My Projects > Submit a new project
- Each step will be saved when you click on "Next", so no need to fill it all in at once
- You can go back to your form anytime to finalise it by clicking on "My Cartoon" (your name will be displayed if you are logged in)
- You will receive a summary by email once it is completed
STEP 1: Prepare all the elements that you will need for the online form:
Short description of the story, to be published in the official App and on our website
- In English
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding the elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages
- in English
- Max 35 MB. If your file is larger than 10 MB, thank to send it by Wetransfer via email@example.com
Note: we no longer ask for the full storyboard, the European cooperation letters or the points table.
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a broadcaster or a new platform representative, attesting to their support of the project. In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the sponsor company
- Name of contact person
- PDF of the letter of interest
Prepare 3 nice stills of the project for the App, for our website and for the press.
WARNING: please be aware that you won't be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
- 650x650 px, 72 DPI, RGB, jpg, max 1 MB
- Thumbnail for Cartoon website & Agenda
- 1920x1150 px, 300 DPI, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
- For the pop-up of your project on Cartoon website
- 1920x2560 px, 300 DPI, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
|- For Cartoon Mobile Application (possibility to open it full page)
- For the press
STEP 2: Go to My Cartoon
Click on My Cartoon (tab on the top right of the page) and login or create an account. This will allow you to come back anytime to your form, so don't forget your log in and password.
Step 3: Click on My projects and fill in the form
- In My Projects, click on Submit a new project and fill in the form. You can navigate through the pages, save for later or go to the next page.
Don't refresh a page, it will close the form!!
- Fill in all the fields (be careful with digit-only fields and valid email addresses), and upload your PDFs and images
- At the end of the form, you will have a summary that you can review
- When you are ready, click on Submit (the button will appear ONLY if all the required fields are correctly filled out)
- WARNING: once it is submitted, you won't be able to modify the data, so make sure to review them before submitting!
If your project is selected: a trailer will be needed by 23 August 2021
Read more about the trailers.
|10 MAY||Deadline for project submission|
|27 MAY||Projects' selection
A European Selection Committee will examine the applications to make sure they conform to the regulations and they will select the projects to be pitched at Cartoon Forum. Producers will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision around this date.
|23 AUG||Deadline for submitting your trailer for the Croissant & Coffee Shows (30-45 sec)|
|Early SEP||Schedule of the pitching sessions
CARTOON will send you the date and time of your presentation
|20-23 SEP||Cartoon Forum|