Cartoon Forum 2014 : submit your animated TV project
Project submission for Cartoon Forum is now closed.
But you can register for Cartoon Forum in order to discover the next generation TV series, test your project and find new partners.
1/ NEW DEADLINE to submit your project: 27 May 2014
2/ LIGHTER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
3/ ONLINE PROJECT SUBMISSION
4/ NO CATALOGUE FORM ANYMORE
|5/ The project files WILL NOT BEEN SENT TO THE BUYERS BEFORE the Cartoon Forum
6/ DEADLINES TO REMEMBER
Which project to submit?
- An animation project in development intended primarily for television (TV series or TV special), but can also be developed for the new platforms
- of a minimum running time of 26 min (in total)
- min. 50% of animation
- Please check the regulations to be sure your project is eligible.
Submit your project
STEP 1: Prepare all the elements that you will need for the online form:
Short description of the story, to be published in the official catalogue and on our website
- In English
- Max. 500 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding the elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
In case of selection, you will be able to choose whether you want to make this PDF available for the buyers or not (CARTOON will not send all Project Files to the buyers, like previously, but there will be a link to your Project File in the catalogue if you want to).
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages
- in English
- Max 35 MB
Note: we no longer ask for the full storyboard, the European cooperation letters or the points table.
3. Sponsorship letter
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a broadcaster, a video editor, a distributor or a new platform representative, attesting to their sponsorship of the project. In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the sponsor company
- Name of contact person
- PDF of the sponsorship letter
Prepare 3 nice stills of the project for a double page in the catalogue, for our website, for the press and for the giant screens at Cartoon Forum (Digital exhibition).
WARNING: please be aware that you won't be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
382x382 px, jpg only, max 1 MB
Thumbnail for our website
- 1920x1150 px, RGB, jpg
- For the pop-up of your project on our website
- 1920x2560 px, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
|- For a full page in the catalogue (right)
- For the press
- For the digital exhibition at the Cartoon Forum
STEP 2: Go to My Cartoon
Click on My Cartoon (tab on the top right of the page) and login or create an account. This will allow you to come back anytime to your form, so don't forget your log in and password.
Step 3: Click on My projects and fill in the form
- In My Projects, click on Submit a new project and fill in the form. You can navigate through the pages, save for later or go to the next page.
Don't refresh a page, it will close the form!!
- Fill in all the fields (be careful with digit-only fields and valid email addresses), and upload your PDFs and images
- At the end of the form, you will have a summary that you can review
- When you are ready, click on Submit (the button will appear ONLY if all the required fields are correctly filled out)
- WARNING: once it is submitted, you won't be able to modify the data, so make sure to review them before submitting!
If your project is selected: a trailer will needed by 29 August 2014
Read more about the trailers.
|27 MAY 2014||Deadline for project submission|
|5 JUNE 2014||Selection of the projects
A Selection Committee will evaluate the application files and select the projects to be pitched at Cartoon Forum.
Producers will be informed of the decision shortly after that date
|29 AUG 2014||Deadline for submitting your trailer for the Croissant & Coffee Shows (30-45 sec)|
|12 SEP 2014||Schedule of the pitching sessions
CARTOON will send you the date and time of your presentation
|23-26 SEP 2014||Cartoon Forum|