Cartoon Connection Canada 2016 Business meetings between European & Canadian professionals
24 – 27 Oct 16
Québec City (Canada)
Download the full brochure of the 2015 edition
Cartoon Connection combines half a day of conferences with key actors from Europe and Canada and approximately 900 one-to-one meetings between European, Canadian and Latin American animation professionals.
Participants come with an animation project or programme to seek out partners, co-producers and distributors for their shows.
170 animation professionals usually attend each year (15 broadcasters, animation, service production houses, distributors).
In 2015, 30% of the projects presented by European companies either signed a contract with a Canadian company or were in active discussions to do so. 100% of responding participants say that Cartoon Connection has opened doors on future business collaborations.
Our attendees in 2015
- And many more ...
- Télé-Québec - Laetitia De Coninck (CA)
- SODEC - Monique Simard (CA)
- Planet Nemo Interactive - Marc Boucharlat (FR)
- La Ménagerie - John Barrie (FR)
- Frima - Valérie Hénaire (CA)
- Bell Fund - Claire Dion (CA)
- Squeeze Studio Animation - Denis Doré (CA)
- Skyreader Media - Kevin Gillis (CA)
- Millimages - Roch Lener (FR)
- Québec Film and Television Council (QFTC) - Pierre Moreau (CA)
- CarpeDiem Film & TV - Marie-Claude Beauchamp (CA)
- Société Radio-Canada - Lisa Savard (CA)
- CANAL+ - Géraldine Soto (FR)
- France Télévisions - Lucile Canault (FR)
- Turner Broadcasting System - Hernan La Greca (CA)
- Guru Animation Studio - Mary Bredin (CA)
- YLE Finnish Broadcasting Company - Vicky Schroderus (FI)
- Channel 5 milkshake! - Jessica Symons (UK)
- CBBC BBC Children's - Lucy Pryke (UK)
- Télé-Québec - Lucie Léger (CA)
- Ankama Animations - Julien Fabre (FR)
- The Walt Disney Company - EMEA - Grâinne Rowe (UK)
- Société Radio-Canada - Nathalie Chamberland (CA)
- Channel 5 milkshake! - Josie Grierson (UK)
- CANAL+ - Laurence Blaevoet (FR)
- Frima Studio - Philippe Bégin (CA)
- France Télévisions - Jean-Baptiste Lamotte (FR)
"It is so useful to meet new people
of the cartoon-
scene and to have
And maybe there
will be a new
project in the end..." Franziska Guderian, ZDF (Germany)
"As a B 2 B based
conference, this is
second to none
in the world.
and it is now a
on our calendar." James Bennett, zerply.com (Canada)