Deadline: 23 April 2013
- one hard copy of Dossier A (file printed and bound)
- one hard copy of Dossier B (file printed and bound)
- a CD-Rom / USB stick with:
- A digital version of the entire Dossier A
(i.e. all documents required for the bound file assembled into 1 single PDF)
- the synopsis (for the catalogue, Word doc.)
- 2 stills (for the catalogue, high resolution: see below)
To be sent by express courier to the CARTOON office:
CARTOON - Annick MAES
Avenue Huart Hamoir 105, 1030 Brussels – Belgium
Incomplete files will not be considered.
An email from CARTOON will acknowledge receipt of your application and confirm its presentation before the selection committee.
1. Dossier A - The producer File
The Dossier A must be:
- drawn up in English only
- no more than 30/35 pages in total
Note: if a contract or official paper is in another language than English, or if it has too many pages, you may include only the first and the last page of it, and add a short summary in English with the most relevant information (names of the contracting parties, purpose and length of the agreement, etc.).
The Producer File must contain:
- Cover page with the project title, format (number of episodes and length), company name and a nice still
- The concept of the project: max. 2 pages
- The synopsis for publication in the catalogue (short summary of the story): max. 400 characters with spaces, Word document (to provide on paper AND on CD-Rom/USB stick)
- Two nice stills for the catalogue: 1 vertical (16,5x24cm) and 1 horizontal (16,5x11cm). Both in high resolution (300 dpi), in .jpeg or .tiff (to provide on paper AND on CD-Rom/USB key)
- Artwork: a minimum of 5 pages and a maximum of 10 pages, including at least 5 images of the project (with backgrounds) + illustrations of the main characters
- The storylines (extensive description of the story): max. 3 pages
- Description of the characters: max. 2 pages
- The Producer File form, entirely filled out (without the first 2 explanatory pages) and signed, to be downloaded from the column on the right.
Don't forget to fill in the chart with the nationality of the people involved in the project (based on the points in the Conditions for admission)
- Copy of the transfer of rights option letter
- Copies of the European cooperation partnership letters
(see our Conditions for admission)
- Copy of the sponsorship letter (see our Conditions for admission)
2. Dossier B: The storyboard or script
The Dossier B must contain the storyboard or the script in dialogue form of one or more episodes and totalling at least 26 minutes.
- It may be submitted in its original language
- No need to provide a PDF version of Dossier B
(only applicable for Dossier A).
THE FINAL PRODUCER FILE FOR BROADCASTERS
Deadline: 3 JUNE 2013
Only for the 60 accepted projects
Only those producers whose project has been accepted by CARTOON may then send:
1 single PDF document of Dossier A
- Without the copy of the transfer of rights option letter
- Without the storyboard or the script in dialogue form
This PDF should be sent via online file sending sites (www.yousendit.com) or via your own ftp to: email@example.com
CARTOON will send the Producer Files of the selected projects to all television channels, video distributors and financial partners taking part in the Cartoon Forum in order to evaluate their interest in the projects.
- Therefore ensure that the presentation of your project is attractive!
- Add colour stills and use a modern and appealing page layout.
- But please try to keep the PDF to a reasonable size.